CIVILS WORKS PACKAGE
Stockton’s first venture into the Civils market. Building on an existing customer base, we have been able to utilise in-house expertise of Civils and infrastructure to meet and exceed our client’s requirements, providing a true turnkey solution.
Stockton commenced delivery of the Britvic contract in March 2020 on behalf of Morris & Spottiswood.
There were three principal project interventions that involved Stockton undertaking a variety of building/Civils responsibilities to construct a new delivery plant area for Britvic to take delivery of drinks cans at its ‘Cans by Road’ facility:
- Constructing a new entrance area for articulated lorries at Pretorian Way
- Completing slabs, fencing and tarmac footpaths at Braithwaite Tanks
- Removal of an existing concrete base and installation of a new 300mm effluent stainless steel pipe system at the Apollo drainage area.
Various sections of the plant saw 100mm to 450mm of clay, plastic and stainless steel drainage pipes installed to support the Britvic factory’s new build facilities.
For the duration of the project, all work was carried out under strict COVID19 procedures; this proved very challenging at times for all members of the team, including when procuring materials and deliveries. However, with maximum effort and collaboration from all, the project was accomplished ahead of programme and handed over to a very happy client at successful completion of the contract.
SCOPE OF WORK
Main activities included:
- Project management
- Site preparation and survey
- Construction of haul road
- Drainage diversion
- RC concrete structures
- Backfill and site reinstatement