BUCKTON FIELDS PRIMARY SCHOOL
“We’ve worked hand-in-hand with Caledonian to run a Covid-safe site, successfully delivering a truly fantastic new school to a high standard and on-schedule.”
Stockton was delighted to be awarded this exciting project, working with Caledonian Modular, to construct a new school in Northampton. Work commenced on-site in November 2020 and was completed within 12 months.
The project was a multi-disciplined Civils contract requiring Stockton to undertake:
- Archeological investigation works
- A large bulk muck-shift to create a new full-size football pitch and MUGA sports pitch, whilst minimising spoil being transported off-site
- Internal and external foul drainage, surface water drainage with a large attenuation tank and petrol interceptor
- School foundations and gas membrane
- Full construction of new car parks and surfacing
- Construction of a safe play area for pupils.
All Stockton sites are Covid compliant and the team continue to practise strict Covid-19 procedures. With maximum effort from the team, the project was unaffected by these measures and completed on schedule.
An external HSEQ auditor visited the site regularly and we are pleased to report that we achieved full compliance with H&S procedure.
SCOPE OF WORK
Main activities included:
- Project management
- Full site setting-out, survey and control
- Bulk muck-shift and site preparation, including tree felling, brush removal, weed killing and highway entrance works
- Internal and external drainage
- Full construction of two new car park – one for staff, one for parents
- Construction of new safe play areas.
- Assisting with archeological investigations
- Range of Civils covering bulk excavations, foundations, drainage and all external works
- Covid-safe site
- Project complete on-time and on-budget to a very high standard
- Stockton is a trusted supply chain partner for Caledonian Modular