ALLERTON GRANGE SCHOOL, LEEDS
CIVILS WORKS PACKAGE
“We were delighted to be working again with the Tilbury Douglas team, just one of many on their hugely-important school rebuilding programme.”
This was a multi-disciplined project that required our Civils team to undertake a variety of responsibilities such as:
- A cut and fill exercise of the site spoil
- Construction of a temporary haul road and crane mats
- Foul and surface water drainage, including hydro breaks and a small attenuation tank
- Reinforced concrete pad foundations, ground beams and a ground-floor slab with heave protection
- Porous tarmac and sub-base construction to create a sustainable drainage design for the new car park extension.
All Stockton sites are Covid compliant and the team continue to practise strict Covid-19 procedures. With maximum effort from the team, the project was unaffected by these measures and completed on schedule.
An external HSEQ auditor visited the site regularly and we are pleased to report that we achieved full compliance with H&S procedure.
SCOPE OF WORK
Main activities included:
- Project management
- Full site setting-out, survey and control
- Site set-up and access road preparation
- Cut and fill exercise
- Foul and surface water drainage
- Construction of an attenuation tank and hydro break manholes
- RC substructure
- Concrete testing
- External works including kerbing, paving, SuDS drainage and attenuation, steps and footpaths
- Street furniture including Broxapcycle shelters and lockers
- Site reinstatement.
- A range of Civils covering substructures, below drainage systems including SuDS, RC foundations and ground floor slab, paving and steps, full construction of the new car parks and white lining
- Encountered and safely-protected/worked around an uncharted gas main
- Environmental; tree protection, fuel spill kits and drip trays, specialised concrete washout facilities
- Worked safely under Covid restrictions
- Successfully completed in October 2021 and highly-praised for our efforts by Tilbury Douglas